An all-day solution that often comes with a learning curve ... but it's worth the effort!
Learning how to use my menstrual cup was the catalyst for starting Lift Period! The thought of having this cup inside your body can be intimidating, but here are a couple helpful steps for inserting the cup with ease: first, pinch the cup closed, then fold the closed cup in half.
Folding the cup makes it easier to insert in the vagina. If needed, rub a small drop of lubricant on the edges of the cup for easier insertion. Once inserted, let go of the cup so it can open up inside of you. To ensure a good seal, use your fingers to turn the cup 360 degrees. To empty, pinch the bottom of the cup to break the seal, pull the cup out, and empty the cup. Rinse or wipe clean your cup before re-inserting it. Between periods, boil the cup in water on the stove or use the included microwaveable sterilizer bag.
- Lasts 10 years (affordable)
- Set it and forget it (Can leave inside for up to 12 hours!)
- You can put it in early (no surprise bloody underwear)
- You can swim with it!
- Comfortable- you can’t feel it!
- Less intense cramps for many
- Very clean, replacing the pads and tampons in trash cans
- There’s a learning curve
- More intense to put in than a tampon/bigger than a tampon
- Messy in the beginning
- Changing it in public bathrooms is more challenging for some
- More expensive first time purchase
Instructions for included sterilizer bag:
- Fill menstrual cup with water and pour into bag.
- Put menstrual cup in the bag and seal.
- Put in microwave for 1 minute (if you have a higher wattage microwave, lower time to 45 seconds).
- Carefully remove bag and open. It will be hot. Use caution. Do not use menstrual cup while still hot.
- Good for 12 uses.
To explore other cup-folding techniques and find what works for you, click HERE
For additional options for sanitizing your menstrual cup, click HERE
If you like the cup in your box and are ready for a different size check out Bloody Buddy Cup! Use code "LIFT" for 20% off your purchase!